Wednesday, December 07, 2005

an email from a fan

Hello,
They're all hoaxes. The main way you can tell if they are real or not is if you make up a fake email account (like I did) and reply to them only from there. They don't care what address it comes from, as long as they get a reply and they can sucker someone.
One interesting thing to note -- I am getting the same emails from "different" people. The one time I pointed that out to one of the scammers, I was brushed off. In the meantime, it's quite fun to reply, as the emails are annoying.
Besides...wouldn't you know if it was a relative of yours?

Take care,
Adrienne

From: Hassan M. Al-Haifi
To: goawayjerk@gmail.com
Date: Dec 6, 2005 5:54 PM
Subject: Is this for real?

Hey, nice lady. Can you tell me some information about Janet White and the big inheritance she is after in Nigeria.

I have been asked to "pick up the inheritance" as the deceased owner is a relative of mine. Can this be for real, or is it just another one of those Nigeria spams. Is the letter from the Nigerian Central Bank Governor for real or a hoax?

Warm regards,
Not easily suckered

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home